Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin is Dead, Long Live George Carlin

Sad new kids, George Carlin passed away yesterday. If you're reading this and you don't already know who George Carlin is, I feel bad for you. And I honestly mean that. There's not a whole lot I can say about George Carlin that hasn't been said already. The man was a genius and I'm proud to have a good number of his albums in my record collection.

I'll leave you with one of my all-time favorite Carlin quotes:

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Rest In Peace George. Thanks for trying to teach us all a little something.

1 comment:

John said...

Amen. The world will be a poorer place without that old goat.